Guidelines for Authors
ETS'20 is open for proposals for special sessions. These are meant to target hot and emerging test topics complementary to the regular sessions of the symposium. One of the objectives is also to cover cross topics, i.e. topics considered "border line" for the test community, but have, or are expected to have, a significant impact on the field. Proposers of special sessions are assumed to be able and willing to serve as organizers of the session, i.e. contact speakers, moderators, etc. Special session organizers can also be speakers or moderators in their own proposals.
Prospective organizers should submit a one or two page abstract outlining the following:
session's scope and topic(s), the objectives and relevance of the proposed session to ETS, the format of the session, and a list of prospective participants. The proposal should also indicate the duration and layout of the session. The duration should be at least 60 or 90 minutes. The layout should show at least two 30-minutes (long) presentations AND no more than two 15 minutes (short) presentations.
In detail, the following information should be provided:
- A title of the special session
- Name, contact information and short biography of the organizer(s).
- An abstract with motivation and explanation why this session will be attractive to the general ETS community and its alignment with topics in this area.
- Duration (60 or 90 minutes) and layout of the session. The layout should show at least two long (30 min) and no more than two short (15 min) presentations.
- The list of prospective contributed presentations, including titles, names of the presenters/co-authors, their affiliations and two-sentence bios of the corresponding presenters. Short abstracts for the prospective contributions will be an advantage.
- Expected number of attendees for this session and strategy for promoting this session.
By means of their submission, organizers and presenters agree to register for and participate in ETS'20, in case their submission is accepted.
- Session proposal submission deadline: January 24, 2020
- Notification of special session acceptance: February 13, 2020
- (Optional) Full paper submission for review: February 28, 2020
- (Optional) Camera-ready manuscript: April 1, 2020
Proposal abstracts submission should be made electronically as a single PDF file here (the link will be announced one month before the submission deadline).
Upon acceptance, special session presenters can prepare a single paper up to 10 pages for the entire session to be included in the formal proceedings. For this reason, papers presenting original unpublished material for the special session will go through review process.
For more information, please contact the Special Sessions Chairs:
- Xinli Gu, Huawei (US), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bernd Becker, University of Freiburg (DE), email@example.com